The oil and gas industry utilizes geomembranes since they are a cost-effective solution for clean-up, secondary containment and storage systems. They are also used in subsurface applications, such as preventing the migration of groundwater or oil and gas from one area to another. Geomembranes are often used in combination with other materials, such as geotextiles and geocomposites, to create a multi-layered system for increased strength and durability.
Have a look at the various systems where geomembranes play an essential part as barriers in containment and as protection liners:
1. Liner systems for impoundments and ponds: HDPE and LLDPE Geomembranes are used as liners in impoundments and ponds to contain and manage the storage and treatment of water, wastewater, and other liquids used in the oil and gas industry.
2. Secondary containment systems: A secondary containment tank pad liner is a layer of material that is placed underneath a tank or other container to prevent any leaks or spillage of hazardous materials from reaching the ground or surrounding environment. Geomembranes as secondary containment systems or act as an additional barrier to contain any liquids or chemicals that may escape from the primary container.
3. Decommissioning and remediation: Geomembranes are used in the decommissioning and remediation of oil and gas sites to contain and manage the removal and disposal of contaminated materials.
4. Landfills and waste management: Geomembranes are used in landfills and other waste management facilities to contain and manage the disposal of solid and liquid waste generated by the oil and gas industry.
5. Waste containment: Waste containment refers to the measures taken to prevent the release of waste materials from a drilling pad into the surrounding environment. These drilling pads are constructed with HDPE geomembranes in areas of land that are cleared and levelled to make room for drilling operations, such as that oil or natural gas extraction.
6. Hydraulic fracturing: Also known as fracking, this process includes injecting water, sand, and chemicals into a well to break up underground bedrock to free up oil and gas reserves. Geomembranes are used in hydraulic fracturing operations to line the surface of the fracturing site and prevent the migration of fluids and gases.
As a geomembrane manufacturer in India, Megaplast products are aimed at protecting soil, groundwater and surface water from harmful industrial liquids of every kind, namely treated effluents, hydrocarbon liquids like diesel and industrial chemicals including acids and alkalis. Hence, we ensure environmental protection and the well-being of everyone’s health by the containment of hazardous materials.
We can help you with your geomembrane needs, send us your requirements at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at +91 022 - 6106 6000.
For more information. Please complete this form.